Like paragliding, skydiving, whitewater rafting, and trekking, bungee jumping is an adventure everyone should try at least once. The thrill of jumping into thin air gets the heart racing for adventure junkies as well as average thrill seekers. Bungee jumping is known as one of the most adrenaline-pumping sports. While visiting Nepal, you should definitely consider attempting the bungee jump.
Nepal is a country famous for its mountain climbing culture. But, unlike mountain climbing, bungee Jumping is an adventure in which you don’t need any special training or specific preparation. All you need is to book your Jump and enjoy the adventure.
Among Nepal’s three Bungee Jumping locations, one is at Bhotekoshi, another at Pokhara, and a third is at Kusma. You can either enjoy all three or pick one location for the Jump.
You decide! If you, too, are interested in Bungee Jumping, be ready for some of the most thrilling experiences you can enjoy. At Pokhara Info, we can arrange a suitable Bungee Jumping tour, including transportation to and from your chosen location.
Favorable time for Bungee Jumping
There are no restrictions on bungee jumping in Nepal throughout the year, but it halts in the rainy season. The most favorable time to go bungee jumping in Nepal is between March-May and September-November when the weather is dry and cool. You should avoid bungee jumping during the monsoon season, regardless of whether the tour company offers it.
Bungee Jumping Tips and Tricks
- Do not hesitate to inquire about any questions you have. Your instructor is a trained professional who knows how to handle any emergency situation. Doing a double jump with two people strapped together is possible if you’re too scared for your first Jump but still want to participate.
- Many tour companies offer a water dunk. Your head goes under the water for a few seconds just before you’re pulled out. As exciting as it sounds, it’s not recommended for beginners. In just a few seconds after being sunk in the water, You must pull your body up with a lot of calculations.
- You’ll feel free, and your experience will be doubled when you scream and let the wind carry your fear away.
- As soon as possible, get to the spot to avoid the line.
- It’s important to feel well before jumping, as gravity plays a role. Don’t overeat or eat something substantial before you jump, and don’t empty your tummy either. That can make your stomach sick, throwing you up in the middle of the Jump.
- In case you have asthma, a history of a leg injury, or high blood pressure, then you should consult your doctor before attempting bungee jumping. People suffering from spinal or neck injuries, heart problems, or pregnant women may be at risk.
- There’s a comfort rule when doing extreme sports. A T-shirt and shorts/pants are great choices. A dress or skirt can make things awkward. It is not recommended to wear anything too tight or too loose during extreme sports.
- Travelers who are pregnant are advised to avoid it.
Jumpers must be over 18 years old. Parents or guardians must accompany anybody under 18 to sign the waiver.
Bungee Jumping Locations in Nepal
Bunjee in Pokhara
Nepal’s Pokhara is one of the most famous destinations for indulging in the most adventurous activities. From paragliding to zipping flying to trekking, Pokhara offers it all. Bungee jumping was added to the list in 2014 and quickly became Pokhara’s most popular adventure.
It is known as the Watertouching Jump since you get to touch a pond below the jumping point. It is an incredible experience you must have at least once in your lifetime. The flat price for a single jump is Rs. 6000. But you can also enjoy a two-person jump for Rs. 10,000.
In the Kaski district, an artificial pond is 20 meters deep and is located next to a steel cliff from which you will jump. The cliff is 80 meters high, and 30 to 40 people can participate in the activity in a single day.
The view of the surroundings is truly mesmerizing, adding to your adrenaline rush once you jump into the water below. Once you touch the water below, you will feel your heart pound like never before.
Whether you jump from the cliff with a friend or alone, you will have a mind-blowing experience. After jumping from the cliff, you will float for a while, then splash into the water below. Upon completion of the Jump and the trip, you will be picked up by a boat and returned back. Nonetheless, the experience will leave you breathless!
Reaching Hemja, Pokhara
It would take around 20 minutes to reach the jumping spot from the Pokhara lakeside. Once you arrive at the lakeside, take a cab, and you will be at the jumping spot in no time.
The first ever bungee jumping activity was in Nepal’s Bhote Koshi gorge. And now, it is one of the biggest and most famous spots for bungee jumping worldwide. It is located near the border of Tibet from Nepal and has a height of 160 meters above sea level.
In addition, it is one of the highest bungee jumping sites in Nepal. And also the world. The Jump is above the Bhote Koshi River, which will add to the entertainment.
The Jump takes place from Nepal’s longest suspension bridge which NZ’s famous Bungee consultant designed. Doesn’t it seem amazing? It should and is done under the supervision of experienced operators. The platform ensures that you have a perfect jumping experience. In addition to giving you a heart-thumping experience, it also ensures your safety. The price for the jump is Rs. 6300 for a single individual.
Get ready to experience the world’s highest bungee jumping in Nepal. You’ll feel a drop in your heartbeat just by looking down. Thus, during the Jump, start counting from 5 and Jump. There is nothing quite like this Jump in the world.
Aside from the jaw-dropping views, you can get very close to the crystal clear river below. You will experience bliss and feel as if you’re flying in heaven.
Reaching the Bhote Koshi Gorge
The Bungee Jumping location at the Bhote Koshi Gorge is located 12 kilometers from the Nepal-Tibet border. It can take around 3 to 4 hours to reach the exact location if you are traveling from Kathmandu. You will also travel via the Araniko highway. When you cross the famous friendship bridge, you will arrive at the suspension bridge, where you will jump.
Jumping in Kushma, Parbat
There is arguably no better place in Nepal to experience bungee jumping than Kusma. It is located in the Parbat district, the second-highest and number-one jumping spot in the world. If you want an exhilarating experience, you definitely can’t miss booking your Kusma bungee jump. It is the highest and most expensive bungee in Nepal. The price for a single person’s jump is Rs. 7000.
The Cliff Nepal operates and maintains the Bungee at Kusma, which has a height of 228 meters, and the Canyon Swing at Kushma, the world’s tallest swing. The Canyon Swing height is 748 feet or 228 meters. The Jump price for an individual can lie within the range of 6 to 10 thousand rupees.
The official website offers you the option to book your Bungee Jump. But in most cases, Bungee Jump bookings are handled by local firms who already have the experience. Here at Pokhara Info, you don’t need to worry about the booking date.
Finally, Bungee Jumping prices may vary depending on time and situation. Therefore, we request that you contact us through email, phone number, or social media chat for detailed costs.